The McLeod Hall is named after Reverend John Macleod, who was minister of Govan Old Church from 1875-98. Unfortunately, there was little information recorded about his connection with the Pearce Institute.
More can be found about Reverend George MacLeod (Rev. of Govan Old Church from 1930-1938), who founded the Iona Community in 1938. The Pearce Institute was a base for the Iona Community for 20 years, where they ran their administration and finance, youth programmes, and also used the Pearce Institute’s facilities. The McLeod Hall is perfect for parties, dinner dances, weddings, performances etc.
The McLeod Hall has the following capacities in the following configurations:
- Theatre Style – 200 capacity
- Cabaret Style -180 capacity
It measures: Wide 12m 75cm Length 18m 85cm to stage
Stage Depth: 4m 80cm Width 8m 50cm